THE SPIRITUAL INSIGHTS IN DEPTH. WE MUST TRANSMUTE FROM MATTER TO MIND. OUR DESTINY IS NOT MACHINERY. IT IS TO BE MINDFUL WITHIN A VAST AND INTERCONNECTING WEB OF AWARENESS. TO OPEN OUR OWN INNER AWARENESS TRANSCENDS MERE SELF. FOR ALL IS ONE. WE OPEN INWARDLY, AND THEREBY EASE OPEN THE INNER AWARENESS OF ALL WE ASPIRE FOR ONENESS WITH OURSELVES, AND WITH GOD, AND WITH ALL THE FLORA AND FAUNA OF OUR PLANET. THUS, IS OUR TRUE HOLISTIC YEARNING. ONENESS WITH OURSELVES, WITH GOD, AND WITH ALL THE FLORA AND FAUNA OF OUR PLANET, REVEALS US AT LAST, DRAWS US AT LAST: TO COSMIC AWARENESS. NATURE HEALS ITSELF. COMMUNITIES HEAL THEMSELVES. WE MUST BE HEALED FROM WITHIN. THAT WHICH IS WITHOUT, CAN ONLY AID US. SUCH ARE THE SPIRITUAL, MYSTICAL AND SACRED IMPERATIVES OF OUR SOUL JOURNEYS AND OF OUR TIMES NOW. OUR SPIRITUAL DESTINY IS FOREVER UPON US.
56. Our achievements in science and engineering and technology, and indeed in our ability to improve the lives of an increasing percentage of our world’s population, has been extraordinary. At the same time, however, we have seen our awareness and appreciation of religion, of the sacred and mystical, of the spiritual path, slip away from us. We must celebrate the physical achievements of our world, but we must not lose sight of our ultimate purpose and destiny. We are, at the very least, thinking creatures, creatures of mind; and at the best we are spiritual entities seeking our way back to the divine, to being ONE with the ALL of the cosmos. We are ALL connected. That has been the message and the sacred secret buried deep within all spiritual and religious texts. The meaning of our lives – our destinies – is our awakening to the ONENESS of all our souls. Our coming awakening is NOT mechanical. It is mystical. Materialist souls must understand that, and so must all religious souls.
We must transmute from matter to mind.
Our destiny is not machinery.
it is to be mindful within a vast and
Interconnecting web of awareness.
57. Personal development might be seen as self-indulgent if we assume that we are separate from everyone and everything. Of course it isn’t self-indulgent. We all, at different times, seek to enhance our awareness, and we are all correct in thinking that as we become more aware, we become more able to help others. But as we realise that we are all inter-linked and connected, then we see that it is our duty to enhance our own consciousness, as it enhances every aspect of the entire universe, including everyone around us. To seek the spirit of the ONE, to embark upon the mystical quest, to seek spiritual meaning, to yearn for spiritual awakening, is to seek and yearn for those things for everyone. To seek the holistic is to understand that all the cosmos is already holistic because ALL is ONE. We must reach out to our Mother Earth, our Gaia, by working to enhance the environment. We do that also through our spiritual awakening, because everything awakes a little more as we awake.
To open our own inner awareness
Transcends mere self.
For ALL is ONE.
We open inwardly, and thereby ease open
The inner awareness of ALL
58. The Holistic approach is part of the consciousness of the whole. It is a symbiotic relationship. By becoming aware of consciousness in everything, we are ‘compelled’ to be Holistic. The one determines the other. This is the profound spiritual transformation that our planet is at present deep-set in. As we become aware of the rationale of holism, so we begin to yearn for the holistic way. For the holistic way is the Way of ONENESS. This transcends mere religion, and embraces and lives pure and ultimately mystical spirituality. ONENESS with our planet, our awareness of our place within the nurturing orbit of Gaia. ONENESS with our environment, loving it and caring for it as we should. ONENESS with the divine, with all the cosmos, with God. None of these can be separated from the others. ALL must be ONE. Such is the wonder of our spiritual path, of our ultimate spiritual awakening. Such is the meaning of our spiritual lives, of our very existence and purpose. Such is our destiny.
We aspire for Oneness with ourselves,
And with God,
And with all the flora and fauna
Of our planet.
Thus, is our true holistic yearning.
59. When we attempt to be at one with ourselves, with God, and with the world or nature, we are entering all levels of consciousness. We are being Holistic. This is our spiritual destiny: to be ONE with the ALL, to be ONE with ALL that is sacred, which is indeed ALL. Too often the religions of are fractured world have preached exclusivity and have thereby opened up the fissures in our hearts and our lives. There is no love in exclusivity. There is no spiritual path, no mystical quest, no spiritual awakening in exclusivity. We cannot heal ourselves or heal our world when we seek to fracture ourselves and our world with exclusivity. To be a pilgrim upon the sacred way is to lose self and embrace Oneness. We are not separate from the flora and fauna of our beautiful Mother Earth, our sacred Gaia. We are ONE with these things. To think otherwise and to act otherwise is to damage all that in the end we have held most dear. We must seek true spiritual meaning not in ourselves alone, but in our oneness with everything.
Oneness with ourselves,
And with all the flora and fauna
Of our planet,
Reveals us at last, draws us at last:
To Cosmic awareness.
60. Alternative approaches in medicine aim to help the body to heal itself. Orthodox medicine introduces external agencies to do the job for the body; often with side-effects. This links in with the distinction between the Mystical approach against ‘orthodox’ religion. Orthodox religion looks for a God transcendent (external) who like a Dues ex Machina, can ease our sins. The Mystical approach is to seek salvation within, to seek the God imminent, to heal ourselves and our own souls. No wonder those on the spiritual and mystical path gravitate to health stores and vegetarianism, and evangelical orthodoxy will gravitate towards orthodox medicine, and even orthodox, non-healing remedies for our ecological problems. The spiritual and mystical path reaches for the stars by finding the stars within us. We are awakening to this, recognising Gaia and Her environment as a part of ourselves. The meaning of our spiritual destiny is the inclusivity of our whole being.
Nature heals itself.
Communities heal themselves.
We must be healed from within.
That which is without, can only aid us.